The school enjoys the support of a very proactive Parent Council, Meldrum Parents in Partnership (MPiP). MPiP meetings are held approximately once a term. All parents are very welcome to attend.
The main aims of MPiP are to work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school which is inclusive for all parents/carers.
- To promote close cooperation and communication between parents and teachers.
- To promote equality and fairness.
- To study and discuss matters of mutual interest relating to the education and welfare of all pupils.
- To engage in activities which supports and advance the education of pupils attending the school.
- Represent the views of parents and report to the Parent Forum.
- It will not discuss issues of a personal nature concerning individual pupils or staff.
To find out more about MPiP, read our constitution.
The MPiP committee comprises of Office Bearers (decision making and voting rights) and general members (voting rights). However, every parent / carer with a child at Meldrum School is automatically part of the Parent Forum and is encouraged to come along to meetings and support MPiP in meeting its aims.
Chair: Linda Downie
Vice Chair: Heather Skene
Secretary: Louise Fowlie
Vice Secretary:Anna Cordiner
Treasurer: Jill Good
Vice Treasurer: Karen Clark
Fundraising Coordinator: Helena McKerron
Vice Fundraising: Fiona Morris
Social Media and Networking: Linda Jo Archibald
Vice Social Media: Sarah West
Nadia Blaney, Michael Downie, Karen Stewart, Amy Paterson, Arielle Ball, Nicki Milne, Lyn Beaton.
Keep in touch:
MPiP uses Facebook as its primary method of keeping in touch, supported by regular printed newsletters which are sent home via school. In addition we keep a database of those who aren’t on Facebook or would prefer to receive information via email. If you would like to be added to this list then please email us at the address below.
https://connect.scot/ (an organisation supporting parents and parent councils in Scotland)
https://respectme.org.uk/ (Scotland’s anti-bullying service offering resources and support to parents and children)
Minutes of Previous Meetings